Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Some things happen for a reason...

You know how sometimes... you think you should say this or do that or ask about something but you never do for fear of rejection or not hearing what you want etc etc.. well.. strange how things go...

After finishing my jewellery course I so wanted to work there but didn't know how they'd feel having a 'client' be their staff... and anyways.. over the time I spent there.. I wasn't just a client/student but more of a friend... and that was good... Many times I was tempted to ask them for a job... despite wanting to do my own business and all...

Well.. the business part is still there.. it's going.. not strong but slowly but surely i'll make it an empire... haha.. like Martha Stewart.. only now.. after all her drama.. I think I don't want that kinda household name.. :)

So.. after struggling 3 mths plus at this furniture company.. sadly I have to throw in the towel.. love the job, and friendly with the colleagues.. but for a very small company, the politics sure beats Bush & Clinton's affairs! Seriously!

It's unnecessary stress that I really don't need... plus since working here.. I confess... i haven't designed any new jewellery or touched the stuff... and that's sad... Last night.. i went and got something from Beadhub.. and what would take me normally an hour to do (if i was practicing daily) took me 3 hours to do... my hands felt so stiff and I was making so many mistakes...

I decided to ask them for a job... and guess what! They were excited.. and we had a nice chat.. what i could do, what i've done.. what they need etc etc... and after all that I felt that if I had asked them way back then... I wouldn't be at this crossroads...

But I guess things do happen for a reason... so... hope this reason is a good & permanent one...

No comments:

www.flickr.com
Lots more designs and what-nots at A Semi Precious Life