Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Trials & Tribulations with... A Diva (Wannabe)

This post is dedicated to.. an ex-friend, who shall remain annoynmous for various reasons. But if my descriptions and tales are imaginative enough, many will realise who this person is....

I have many friends.. some very close ones, close ones, not so close ones and the distant friends. I hope I have no enemies.. and I won't even classify this person as an enemy. But what happened just annoyed the hell out of me...

It is hard most of the times for people to get along.. even friends.. because of the differences in each and every one of us.. Why.. that's what makes us individuals and special.. Well this ex-friend.. I'd say she's special alright. In her own world some would say.

If you've had a very sheltered and pampered life for almost all of it.. don't come turn 360 and say that now that 'I'm on MY OWN' that you've realised how much you've been given in life. And you shall not take any more things for granted. If you've been spoilt.. you're just spoilt. Plain n simple.

See I thought this ex-friend was at least un-shallow. But sadly that turned out to be a facade. Of which I eventually saw thru. From one day exclaiming dislike for the local food in a foreign country, to exclaiming how the foreign country had 'gorgeous' national monuments yet at the same time stating ".. can't wait to get back to civilisation.." and the finale whipped cream topping... "Oh.. I just love it here.. and I wanna come back!"

Friends told me I should have known better but see.. at the same time... said ex-friend was not invited on my trip... but self invited.. and somehow.. I couldn't say no... after all I do want other people to see the country I love so much... besides my own... :D

Sadly... I didn't do any damage... it was she.. the Diva Wannabe... the trials & tribulations I had to put up with for almost 2 weeks... even in sickness... but I couldn't smile and pretend everything was ok anymore... I couldn't stand the hypocrosy.. and I showed my true colours after 6 days of tolerations... for that.. I guess.. I'm sorry.. because I know I could have handled the situation better... but it was a situation not to be saved.

But at least now.. it is finally.. finally over... got deleted from her 'friendster' list.. yippee kay-yay! I finally mustered up the courage to delete her from my msn.. I block certain people.. but I never delete... this is a first for me...

Sometimes.. you can't be nice... and you just gotta be plain bitchy... that's a side of me... not many have seen... even my closest of friends... This puts things into perspective for me... I'm glad this friendship is over.. it wasn't much to begin with. So.. really it's No Love Lost!

And finally some travelling tips for Divas (Wannabe)

1. You're not anybody famous or otherwise... so stop pretending or expecting VIP treatment everywhere you go... 1st world country, 3rd world country or otherwise.
2. Be genuine in your remarks.. and if you can't be, don't open your mouth at all.
3. 'That's Hawt!' is So Yesterday! Passe....
4. There can only be 1 Paris Hilton.. and even so.. it's more than enough.
5. Anybody who adores/idolises/pretends to be Paris Hilton, needs to see a shrink.
6. Don't even bother to travel. Unless it's First Class all the way.
7. Actually.. really don't bother to travel at all... staying in your own world would really be the best for all the normal hardworking people out there.

Just so you know.. if this ex-friend happens to read this (which I doubt but you never know)... had you not insulted my friend, his food or his country on the 2nd day of the trip... we'd actually be taken to the best/nice places.... but sadly.. you ruined it... admittedly.. I didn't say anything.. the rest of the trip.. was basically instructed by my friends over there.. to take care of me.. and let me have fun... You(Diva wananbe) they couldn't care less about. Now that's sad... not hawt!
And that's the impression you left on them... all the people you met... My friends.

So my advice.. is not to go back there... coz in your heart.. you never really liked it.. right? Be true to your Gucci sunglasses, Longchamp bag, Nue shoes.

No comments:

www.flickr.com
Lots more designs and what-nots at A Semi Precious Life