Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Nights of Colorful Lights

Well.. taking pics down by the bay was 'fun'... what with a gazillion singaporeans, tourists and what nots around... you'd be glad if you could grab a couple shots.... well.. i managed to... with some trees in the foreground... so... thankfully my lovley SLR had the super lens... and i did manage to take some awesome shots.. at least to me they were awesome... 27 shots altogether.. in that few mins...

Then.. after that... we had to fight our way outta esplanade... oh god.. on top of being hungry and moody from being pushed, prodded and groped!! Yess... dammit.. we somehow found our way out of the madness.. to try to meet Sam.. we meaning Bev & I... since i had to eat we headed to Boat Quay... and with all the crowd.. Harry's was too packed... so we ended up at BQ where i had a smorgasbord of kebabs!!!! $25 for a platter of chicken tikka & lamb kebabs with naan and felafal etc etc.. and curried fries.. i beg the other two to help me finish... so we kinda did justice in the end...

Stomach's full we headed back... passed by Mad Flemings.. and lo n behold.. i saw someone waving at me... and it turned out to be Ricky.. whom Bev & I had met on Sat at New Asia... fancy bumping into him... but anyways... after that.... we continued on our way but couldn't catch a cab there so we walked n walked down to Raffles Hotel where we finally got cabs... what an eventful night....

This morn... i somehow managed to wake up to meet Bev & Sam again in town for brekkie... at Mac's... yum yum the hotcakes i say.... after that... we did the best thing most girls love to do... SHOP!!!!! so i got 4 pairs of shoes... but at super duper low prices... and i nearly went crazy at the bead shop at Far east.. but i held back... i think the person who did the most damage to her wallet was Sam... heheheheh... we had a quick lunch at Marriott's Sidewalk Cafe.. and after Bev left us... we continued downwards towards Centrepoint... popping in to Tangs for a bit & Wisma... but finally after getting her towels etc etc.. we both jumped into cabs to head home... it was nearly 5pm!!!

I got back just in time to have my mother say "ok.. we're going to leave soon to go to your aunty's place for BBQ & to catch the parade blah blah blah!!!" I was like???!!! I wanted to sleep a bit... dang-it! So i jus grabbed my camera and we left.. not realising i didn't have much shots left.. and forgot to get film!!!!

So... i managed to get the fly past & the flag from Lorong J Telok Kurau standing in the middle of the road... (thanks again to my super lens) and only had 2 or 3 shots of the fireworks.. but it was fun to stand there with the rest of the lorong J's to watch... nothing better than with friends or family :) it's a yearly affair for my aunty's family :)

Now I'm home uploading pics from the past few days... man o man... oh and i joined MoBlog too... sooooo i think i'm gonna go crazy with all this blogging but i remain ever so faithful to this blog :)

Now.. for the pics... check out my flickr account.. best to put there but i'll prob put one or two here to entice :) ha ha!

Still being me.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

www.flickr.com
Lots more designs and what-nots at A Semi Precious Life