Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Gimme Some Brown Sugar!!!

Have been having a good 2 weeks at Brise de Joie... yup that's where I am currently... in lil ol Katong.. where all the good food is... especially if you like Katong Laksa... hahaha....

But in any case... I just love Katong... or rather the east side... from Katong, to Marine Parade, to Siglap, to Bedok... and all the way there are good food places to go...

Talking about food.. I met up with Jill, Bev & Mark and we ventured to Brown Sugar down at Star Dus. I'll leave Jill to fill you in on the details on her blog Food Diaries I had the Wagyu Burger but it kinda was tasteless... and even the mushroom sauce was not as enticing as it looked. Out of the whole dinner, I thoroughly enjoyed the Grilled Prawn Appetizer and the Choc Cake dessert... and I give them top marks for dish presentation but ZERO for service. :P


Salad of Deconstructed Apple with Walnuts, Brie & Arugula tossed in Apple Dressing ($9.50)

Wagyu Beef ($28)

Chocolate Fondant with Raspberry Coulis, Toasted Almonds & Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream ($12)

I can't believe it's mid-week already.... at least I've been productive with making new pieces... now tomorrow i'll be taking nice pics (hopefully) and posting them on my jewelry blog A Semi Precious Life

Till then... g'nite!

No comments:

www.flickr.com
Lots more designs and what-nots at A Semi Precious Life