Friday, January 12, 2007

Life is a Highway...

Well, in the midst of clearing up the house, designing new pieces and making custom orders, I managed to fit in these 3 movies over the week...

I read the book and thought why not catch the movie... big letdown... the book is so much more detailed and intriguing.. it was definately one of those books that you pick up and just CANNOT put down till you've read it from cover to last page. Someday, I plan to go to Rome & Paris.. and tailor my itinerary to include the places mentioned in both Dan Brown's books.

Since I enjoyed the first of the Pirates movies.. I figured what could go wrong with the second.. well, the graphics was great, especially when the giant ocotopus grabbed the ship et all BUT... the story line was weak.. and slow, not as great as the first one which at least kept me awake... Undoubtedly, Captain Jack Sparrow still had his 'funny' moments from looking like a shish-ka-bab to a hamster running in the giant wheel and more.. there's a 3rd installment coming out in 2007 and I just can't wait! Just like I can't wait for Spidey 3 too!!!

Now this, was the best of the movies I picked up this week.. YES it's a cartoon, YES it's about cars BUT it had a meaning... although, it's a very cliche kinda story, it still had heart. And hey if the Tin Man in Wizard of Oz wanted a heart, so could the tin car LIghtening McQueen develop a heart and stop thinking about only himself. Now, if the rest of the real world stopped for a minute and did the same, would it be Peace on Earth??? Then again... better not...

So...Yup.. ON TOP OF finishing 2 books - Dan Brown's Angels & Demons & Da Vinci Code... it's been a heck of a busy week...

Had a chill day at Vivo with Bev yesterday... I'm thinking now... the Pacific Coffee's al fresco lounge area is really cosy and good to have a good book... may do that once in a while... but I think Starbucks by the Bay is still nice if it's not raining that is....

Talk about RAIN!!!! Yes, we all know the Korean hunk RAIN is coming... but does his arrival here literally means it has to RAIN every day... non stop?!?!?! Apart from making one feel lazy & lethargic, it just dampens the mood on a lot of things... TRUE though it means I don't go out much and I can save money but still.... it's just dreadful..... I'm praying and hoping and wishing that it will ease off or at least stop by Monday.... coz..... Tuesday is MUSE!!!!!

Yes... me first concert in like... YEARS!!! seriously.. i have been deprived.... that's why this year, I intend to educate myself more in the arts, music & entertainment scene.... next stop... Phantom of the Opera... oh and there's also Good Vibrations.. a chance to see the Beastie Boys, among other international and local artists... So my calender seems to be filling up fast... and not forgetting my all favorite local band SYAWLA EVOL performing at Esplanade Outdoor Theatre on Jan 27.... (shamless plug for them *wink*) see & hear them at the myspace site
  • Syawla Evol Band


  • I'm all set for Cambodia... yup I managed to get my tickets at the lowest possible price ever... on Air Asia... yesh! They have this 1,000,000 seats FOC up for grabs provided you book by Jan 19 and travel between April & Oct 07. Neat eh?! I only paid taxes which is RM175... schwweeeett! Except.. I have to renew my passport though... hehehe.. or else.. travel far I cannot!

    Can you believe.. it's the middle of Jan already??!!! Geez... that's fast...

    No comments:

    www.flickr.com
    Lots more designs and what-nots at A Semi Precious Life