Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blogging and what nots.....

Interesting thing.. blogging... what to me started a few years ago.. some have been doing for ages.... and now there are so many 'blog' sites appearing... twitter etc etc.. to name a few...

I already have a few yahoo email accounts, a hotmail account for MSN Chatting, a skype account, a gmail account and this blog account... to add another like twitter etc.. man.. it'd be hard to keep track.

When I was single and had a lot of free time when I wasn't going out.... I could blog almost every day... and there'd be times where I'd even blog during office hours... let's just say I am good at my work and able to finish the priorities thus leaving me with some time to spare and blog :) even if it was just a few lines.

Some blog because they are Narcissitic (as my hubby puts it), I blog coz it's an outlet for me and at the same time, does update family & friends around the world on what's happening in my life.... yeah i know others will be reading it.. and spammers will be spamming my c-box with all sorts of posts and what nots... c'est la vie!

Recently, I have been following the posts of my hubby's 12 going on 13 yr old daughter, whom he has lost contact with, sadly and much to his disappointment. I shan't go into details here but whatever it was, all had their bad points and made their mistakes. What is important is moving forward, how do they get on....

Well, my hubby is trying, doing nothing short of extraodrinary to make a living and a life. Despite the odds, he has come through and continues to strive. Why? He was living and doing all this for me, for his daughter and for his own sanity :D

Yet, his daughter, has in his own words, 'Changed'. Perhaps it was because he couldn't be there, not by choice. His daughter, to me is lucky that her father still wants to be a part of his life.

For me, most of the last 15 odd years, and maybe even longer, I never had a relationship with my father. Which is odd, because, to-date, he is staying with me, cooking for me and contributing (minimally) towards the bills. The relationship we have today is far different than most father-daughter relationships go, but I'm happy.

I look at it this way... my father had to 'grow-up' in his own way and time... and I as a daughter had to give him that time to do so... and in my own way, i came into my own thru my own perserverance.

Deep huh!?!?!

Hatred is actually very sad. It eats at you from inside, and changes you. I haven't experienced that kind of hatred... personally. But I've seen how it can change people.

My mantra has always been to let go... people who have hurt me, stepped all over me, maligned me and whatever... i just let go.... Karma... what goes around, comes around. I don't wish ill on them, in fact, I wish them all the best! Life is too short to have hatred and plan revenge whatever.

I know I have changed... and i hope for the better.... before, I always thought about myself first... of course, love for family and close friends ranked a close 2nd... but now, I have a husband and we want to start a family... I have in-laws: an older brother and sister of sorts and 3 lovely nieces to call mine...

Priorities have changed.... life seems normal... ups & downs will come and go... but life goes on.... it has too....

And... the most important thing.. is FAITH... yes... I've come to adopt that approach as well... it makes me stronger... it does....

Carpe Diem!

No comments:

www.flickr.com
Lots more designs and what-nots at A Semi Precious Life